VEHICLES REGISTERED IN GUYANA
Any tourist wishing to drive a locally registered motor vehicle on the roadways of Guyana must obtain a Drivers Permit issued by the License Revenue Office of the Guyana Revenue Authority. In order to make it convenient for tourists to obtain a Driver’s Permit, the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) has put relevant facilities in place at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) for travelers to access.
The tourist must do the following:
- Provide the Licencing Officer with a valid Driver’s Licence (from their country of origin).
- Provide details of their local address while in Guyana.
- Answer any question that the Officer may have in relation to his/her stay in Guyana and reason for requiring the permit.
- Once issued, a Drivers Permit is valid for one (1) month.
- Foreign nationals who are desirous of driving in Guyana must obtain a Drivers Permit and are required to make the application in person, since applications cannot be made via e-mail.
If you are unable to obtain your Driver/s Permit at the CJIA, kindly visit the Excise Licencing and Motor Vehicle Registration Office (known as the Licence Revenue Office) located at Smythe and Princess Streets, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown to process your request for a Driver’s Permit.
Vehicles can be rented form the following companies
- Sonic Auto Rentals – Address: 233 Irving Street, Queenstown, Georgetown, Tel: (592) 226 7755, Fax: (592) 2256181, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dolly’s Auto Rental and Taxi – Address: 272 Bissessar Ave, Prashad Nagar, Georgetown, Tel: (592) 225 7126, 2263693 Fax: (592) 2263684,email@example.com, www.dollyautorental.com
- Ezee Runnings Taxi Service and Auto Rental – Address: 46 Sheriff Street, Campbellville, Georgetown, Tel: (592) 647 2491
- AutoTech Car Rentals – Address: 59 Bel Air Springs, Georgetown,, Tel: (592) 225 8761, 600 9568, Fax: (592) 225 8761, firstname.lastname@example.org